Monday, March 18, 2013

Long Trail's Double White (with guest reviewer Alissa DeLucia)


Every great man (yes, I am a great man) has an amazing woman to share his life with. My girlfriend Alissa and I have been together for almost 4 years now. She is the woman I plan on growing old with, there is no question about that. Well, after being with someone for four years there are a few things you discover about them. One of the things I quickly discovered about this wonderful woman was her complete disdain for the taste of beer. I've also discovered how far she is willing to go to show me she loves me. Despite her distaste for malt beverages, she has still accompanied me to many beer events, and countless beer bars just so I can sample and enjoy the brews I hold dear to my heart. There is only one person in this world I love more than beer, family, and friends...and that person is Alissa. So you can imagine the enthusiasm that engulfed me when she said she would review one of the only beers she can tolerate on this blog.

Alissa accompanied me (and a group of 20 friends and acquaintances) this past summer to Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown, NY for the Belgium Comes to Cooperstown event. This is where Alissa's taste buds were finally tantalized by a beer she enjoyed. In fact, Alissa visited the Long Trail booth at least seven times to get a refill of their Double White Ale. Quickly she realized that in the diverse world of beer there is something that even she, with the most scrutinizing of taste buds, could find and enjoy. Alas, I give to you the guest review of the one, and only love of my life, the beautiful Alissa DeLucia! I have not doctored this review at all. It's all in her words, and her descriptions.

Beer name: Double White
Brewery: Long Trail Brewery
Location: Vermont
Style: Belgian Double White Ale
ABV: 8%
Packaging: Bomber bottle
Price: $6/bomber

Appearance: Hazy golden orange, with a one finger thick white head.

Aroma: Citrus (lemon zest and orange peel), coriander.

Taste/Mouth feel: Yummy! Not super carbonated, and not gross like other beer. This is lighter than most beer I've had, not as heavy in your mouth. Not a lingering aftertaste with this beer, and a very low carbonation.

Overall: I love this shit! I hate highly carbonated drinks, which is why I enjoy this so much. Is doesn't make you bloated when you drink it, and it's very easy to drink.  I love the citrusy taste and the lighter body. I highly recommend this beer for people that normally hate the taste of beer. I used to really like Blue Moon when I would drink beer, but this beer kills that beer! So if you're into Blue Moon, you've got to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment